Buying or selling a business is an exciting although stressful time. Legal advice from one of our experts can guide you through the process and deal with the transaction quickly and efficiently, giving you proactive advice along the way. You will be pre-warned of any potential liability or pitfalls that may arise. We have expertise in the acquisition and sale of many different types of business and provide a well rounded service with the legal jargon cut out.
Here is a sample of the wide range of services we can offer in this area:
• Determine the type of sale (e.g. share, asset, transfer of going concern)
• Assisting with the negotiation of and drafting the Heads of Terms
• Drafting and negotiating sale agreements and negotiation of sale terms to ensure adequate protection
is built In
• Drafting confidentiality terms or agreements
• Raising Responding to due diligence enquiries
• Dealing with employment issues relating to the purchase or sale of the business
• Advising on intellectual property rights (i.e. patents, trademarks etc.)
• Advice on retention accounts
We will add value to your commercial purchase by identifying and eradicating any hidden future liabilities on the purchase of a business. If you are selling, we will ensure that you are clear about the guarantees you are required to supply to ensure that you are getting the best deal you can and understand the implications of the sale.
The information and opinions contained herein are for generai guidance only and not intended to constitute legal or professional advice. The information should not be relied upon or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to Individual circumstances. Clayton Matt shall have no responsibility for any loss that may arise out of reliance on any material contained herein.